Tuesday 13 January 2015

{Physical and Spiritual Death}[13th November 1980]

[Redbook2:170][19801113:2310]{Physical and Spiritual Death}[13th November 1980]

19801113.2310

Thinking of Oxfam.... I am, perhaps, different from them in one respect, in that although my heart is torn by these dying children, I do not believe that the worst has happened to them. About the most that can be said of them is that they were born, suffered grievously, and died. Still I would wish to choose that, rather than become … who? I am not sure specifically which person, since I am not the Judge, but it might be the Chairman of a great international finance house, or one of his rising middle managers, or Hitler. I doubt whether I should have the strength to make that choice as I would wish to make it, but I would wish to choose physical against spiritual death.


[PostedBlogger13for12012015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.