Saturday 17 February 2018

{God's Man}[16th March 1988]

[Redbook5:76][19880316:1300o]{God's Man}[16th March 1988]
19880316.13
[continued]

Am I a “New Ager”?* I don't think so; although there are resemblances. Unlike many of the people who have entered and perhaps emerged from the various New Age cults, I have never smoked [tobacco] or taken narcotic drugs, or drunk alcohol regularly in significant quantities; nowadays I hardly drink at all. I avoid most of those sorts of things for the same reason that I rarely get far with any cult or mind-technique and even have some difficulties with many Christian sects: I have an instinctive aversion to involvement with this kind of thing.

This arose originally I suspect out of an early determination (for one reason or another) to be my own Man, strangely so in one so feeble and generally incompetent; gradually this has been transformed into a will to be God's Man, having a direct, if imperfect, relationship with God: a difference from Fundamentalists being that I do not accept the Bible as the infallible Word of God.**


*[More like the ancient Rayburn at [CH], actually, full of smoke and hot air.]

**[[Redbook3:67-70][19870329:1210r](THE BIBLE AND CHRIST/JESUS)[29th March 1987]]


[continues]


[PostedBlogger17022018]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.