Monday 5 February 2018

{False Christs; True Christ [continued (3)]}[16th March 1988]

[Redbook5:69][19880316:1300d]{False Christs; True Christ [continued (3)]}[16th March 1988]

19880316.13
[continued]

I acknowledge Jesus Christ, come in Human nature.* I do not (as I understand the meaning of the terms) dissolve, break, split or divide Jesus: I do not, for example, subscribe to the idea that Jesus was an ordinary feller upon whom an extra-ordinary supernatural being descended from time to time. However, I do believe that Christ, the Son of God, represents an Archetype for us: a real thing, a living being, which I describe (correctly or incorrectly) as an Archetype because it is the original model upon which we are required to model ourselves.**


*[See last previous entry.]

**Not a prototype (which the Dictionary gives as an alternative [to archetype]) because there is no possibility of improvement upon the original.


[continues]


[PostedBlogger05for07022018]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.