Sunday 11 February 2018

{False Christs; True Christ [continued (7)]}[16th March 1988]

[Redbook5:72][19880316:1300i]{False Christs; True Christ [continued (7)]}[16th March 1988]

19880316.13
[continued]

Perhaps I may try to set on record my evolving view: which may differ from {(my)} past and future views and, of course, be wrong.

I think we are all Men – in that we are able to recognise God the Spirit.
I think we are all Children of God – in that we have deep within us the Spirit of God.
I think that Jesus was a Man – who was born of woman, and died.
I think that Jesus was the Son of God, the Christ – in that he had the Quality of Christ by which we recognise him.

When (and if) we invite Jesus Christ into our lives, we model ourselves upon him, which is why I describe Christ as a living Archetype. He is now a Spirit, a Presence, a Quality – not a Human Being. How else can I understand him? A Human Being has a body, and no other body can share my body. If, of course, a Human Being is still so after death, then the matter is different; but this is a matter of labels.


[continues]


[PostedBlogger11022018]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.