Saturday 9 December 2017

{Openness and Compartmentalisation}[1st March 1988]

[Redbook5:22-23][19880301:2152]{Openness and Compartmentalisation}[1st March 1988]

19880301.2152

I have finally built the partitions which I wrote* about building on or after 1st January [1988]. The actual building took eleven days:** the delay in starting was almost entirely due to my previous suppliers. We now have four rooms on the ground floor – study (or 'stuffy'), office, living room and dining room – plus a hall and kitchen; where previously we had one L-shaped room, and the kitchen. The extra warmth and lack of draughts is noticeable, even though I have one doorway (hall to office) left to build, and three other doors still to hang.

I remarked earlier*** that the previous tenants are apparently both Capricorns. Their intention, if they had bought the house,**** was to demolish the one original internal wall, separating what is now the Stuffy from the kitchen, which would have left the ground floor completely open-plan with the stairs rising near the centre. [W] and I of course are both Geminis, and couldn't wait to rebuild the walls. I speculate that a structured compartmentalisation is characteristic of the A~-J~ arc.#***

Capricorn, next to +C†I~ on the R~ side, has always been enigmatic (to me, at least). Years ago I suggested to a philosophy lecturer, a distant cousin,# that Unity, if fragmented to its limits, would eventually become Unity again:#* after more than one attempt to get this across, I was silenced by his remark that he did actually lecture in the subject. But this point perhaps throws light on the curious nature of Capricorn, in whom the process of Complication, Distraction and Fragmentation has caused such a complete breakdown that it has returned to Unity again, similar in some respects (I suspect) to the state in the C†I~-S~ arc. Thus we should not be surprised to see two Capricorns demolishing internal partitions, and two Geminis rebuilding them.#*** Each is a perfectly valid approach to reality, and to handling reality, if you can handle the approach.


*ref IV. [[Redbook4:275][19880101:2330]{Compartments}[1st January 1988],] 275

**I am not sure whether I recorded how an inner focus on God made the work go more smoothly; I think it was that way round. <880307>

***IV. [[Redbook4:298][19880109:0947j]{Birth dates [continued (10)] – Two Capricorns}[9th January 1988],] 298

****[When we first visited the house [CH] I told them that if they were being forced to leave because the house was being sold we would not proceed. They said that they were happy to leave as the seller was helping them financially to acquire their own house. <20170929>]

#[NN]

#*(Already referred to, I think.)
{(In the context of multiplication of rules, I think.)}
[ref. [Redbook2:355][19841208:2300b]{The Centre Point: Here, and There}[8th December 1984];
& e.g. [Redbook2:268-270][19830510:2030d]{Malvinas [continued]}[10th May 1983] (final sentence);
but this is one of the fundamental ideas of this series of volumes.]

#**{cf. [[Redbook5:12-13][19880212:1155d]{Multiple Viewpoints and Single Minds [continued (4)]}[12th February 1988],] 12}

#***I speculate that organised compartmentalisation may be characteristic from S~-M~ to/through A~-J~. <880611>



[PostedBlogger09for10122017]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.