Thursday 19 February 2015

{Physical Signs}[14th September 1981]

[Redbook2:201-202][19810914:1900]{Physical Signs}[14th September 1981]

19810914.1900

I remembered later*, for what it is worth, that just before going to bed I had suffered a momentary headache across (I think) my upper forehead; that in the night I had woken with a ringing within my head (W could not hear it, but I still could under the blankets); and that on the way to work my forehead itched (around and above the white spot just between and above my eyebrows, which has been there for a few months now, attracting it seems to me some curious glances – or am I imagining it?). In the mirror at work I saw a red area just above that spot, touching it; but later the itch ceased and the red faded. Although I thought I had slept well, I was desperately tired, and still am; W thinks she remembers me recounting another dream in the night, but cannot remember what. She says she may have dreamt it.

At lunchtime I walked in the Park**. That curious newness, unfamiliarity, of things presumably seen may times before, was noticeable. I had a strong feeling of being on the point of some breakthrough. My appetite is still almost gone: I eat a few peanuts at lunchtime – can't finish the bag – after a roll at breakfast. I eat supper but do not seem to feel any need for it; if I have a second course I feel grossly overfed, and if I eat out – which is only for fun with W – I usually can't finish, and feel unwell (with stomach pain) afterwards.

*[See last previous entry]

**[Hyde Park]

[PostedBlogger19022015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.