Friday 20 February 2015

{An Epileptic Fit}[14th September 1981]

[Redbook2:202-203][19810914:1900a]{An Epileptic Fit}[14th September 1981]

19810914.1900
[continued]

I queued at London College of Printing [to register for] for my course: talked to a black boy and, rather more, to a white boy on the same course. He seemed chatty but slightly slow. We moved forward. Just before we turned the corner of the stairs, a young Asian man walked past and seemed to stare very hard at my forehead; although, as is often the way with these things, he might well not have been aware of this. I noticed it, however, and considered it for a while.

I do not remember whether I was still considering it, after we turned the corner, when the white boy, facing away from me just after someone had passed, began to shake. The shaking became worse and as he slowly turned to his right I said 'Are you alright?' or something similar. He twisted in towards me and I took hold of him as he collapsed; I was asking for a Doctor, etc.. I lowered him to the floor and kept his head sideways, trying to get someone to watch his tongue as he vomited saliva and bit his lip. He may have cried out – I'm not sure.

[continues]

[PostedBlogger20022015]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.