Saturday 28 February 2015

{A Dream-Event connection: The Workman's Hammer]}[1st December 1981]

[Redbook2:211-212][19811201:2145a]{A Dream-Event connection: The Workman's Hammer}[1st December 1981]

19811201.2145

Two points arise from this (not very remarkable) possible dream-event connection.

The dream: I was down on the [River Thames] Embankment (Cheyne Walk, gardens, Royal Hospital Road end). A workman high on the bridge* with an exclamation of annoyance, flung down his hammer. It bounced near me. Angry with his disregard of safety, I picked it up. He descended and came over to me, asking for it. I refused to return it. He threatened to take it. I said I would shout for help if he did. He tried to take it. I shouted 'Help, help!'. He desisted. I invited him to walk with me to the Police Station and reclaim it there. He agreed; but as we walked up Flood Street, I was conscious that he might be considering when to try again to remove it from me by force. I was conscious of what one might call his manual belligerence.

The event: I was informed today at work that there was a problem over the final salary and document of a secretary who finished on Friday (when she was ill, having been away since Tuesday). I had posted these, but they had not arrived. Another secretary had phoned her and asked me about this, finishing up with the suggestion that if they didn't arrive soon her husband (who is a builder, self-employed) would be around. He rang up later: he was, exactly, belligerent, and the conversation continued in an unsatisfactory way for some minutes. This left me, for various reasons, a little perturbed.

Some weeks ago, I lost my best hammer when some plumbers, who had done a fair amount of work for us, were working here. I rang them up, was told they would look for it, and heard nothing more.


*[Presumably the Albert Suspension Bridge, although it is the other end of the gardens]

[continues]

[PostedBlogger28022015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.