Friday 27 February 2015

{A Dream of Projection}[23rd October 1981]

[Redbook2:209-210][19811023:2240]{A Dream of Projection}[23rd October 1981]

19811023.2240

When I was at Cambridge I became involved briefly in the experiments of a young scientist/mathematician* who wanted to measure the body of man when {the man was} undergoing astral projection. So far as I am aware I never astrally projected, but it may be as a result of coming across his old instructions sheet that this dream occurred.

In its essentials, I was {being?} measured in body by a device when suddenly my awareness shot upward to a height of what seemed to be some yards, there levelling out to watch the scene below. On returning I was shown the results of measurement, taking the form of a large black area on a white plate.

On a second occasion I was measured – the device was like a kind of hinged bar – when I did not rise, and was shown the result: this time taking the form of a small black area on a white plate: of a similar width, but hardly moving across the plate (i.e. forwards) at all.

I may have reversed these results in memory; but I do not think I have.

I record this dream for the extraordinary intensity of the upwards movement, a kind of sudden release, a rising whoosh (but silent) quite unlike the gentle gliding movement which I have always imagined. Equally sudden was the deceleration and levelling out above; but the scene below as perceived from above, of course, has often been described.

Perhaps this is what an Indian meal does for you! (We had just had one).


*[Currently a Professor of Mathematics and [...] at a Russell Group university]


[PostedBlogger27022015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.