Monday 2 February 2015

{A Dream of Forgetfulness}[4th July 1981]

[Redbook2:189A-190A][19810704:0500]{A Dream of Forgetfulness}[4th July 1981]

(In Germany, I think)*
1981.07.04.0500

Several dreams of apparent significance during the last few days – although (2)** may have been before I left the U.K.. A sudden change of this sort tends to produce these – so is their 'significance' not reliably felt?

Not all of these may have been remembered fully.

(1) I am observer of a deliberate petty crime – the smashing of glass in a street, I think. Others point to the culprit, who seems unconcerned. As they gather round him, suddenly they all seem to forget he is there, and continue on their way. I alone follow the culprit into a shop, but no one else is interested in my explanations. He re-emerges, and during some form of altercation says he can make me quack like a duck (shades of Gurdjieff?). The interesting point is that I find myself quacking like a duck and it seems quite natural (in a way which I do not think I am capable of imagining during waking consciousness). It is only when I cease to quack that I realise how peculiar it was. But I do realise. (In retrospect it seems to me that the difference between me and the others is that they continue under the power of imposed forgetfulness, whereas that power, although exercisable over me, does not continue once its attention or concentration is removed from me.


*[Note added subsequently!]

**[See next entry.]
 
[PostedBlogger02022015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.