Tuesday 17 February 2015

{A Dream of Bicycles and a Collapsing Tower}[8th September 1981]

[Redbook2:198-199][19810908:1800]{A Dream of Bicycles and a Collapsing Tower}[8th September 1981]

1981.09.08.1800

I suspect that this may be simply the alcohol-induced working of an over-active imagination – I was out with [my cousin] [IMacD] last night; but just in case....

At the 'T' Junction in C I encountered (just after a similar, vaguer incident?) a group on bicycles who had pushed their way straight up from the Nursery and through the wood. I castigated them for taking bicycles where there was in fact no path; they said there was a path*, and it began to look as though a fight might develop; I called back to the others (including [K[O]? Z? S?) and gave the bicyclists (rather arrogantly, I thought) 3 minutes to get off. They left (down the track towards the Manor), threatening revenge.

As I was asking the others whether they thought I had acted wrongly – I think they thought I had – there was the sound of running feet from the wood through which they had come. [EC] ran up, put something in the van [sic], slammed the door and ran back to the wood again. I asked (e.g.) 'Do you need help?' and, receiving no answer but assuming a problem with the bicyclists, followed him. A little way into the wood he stopped just in front of me. Some kind of high structure – an extractor tower (wires ran past us)? – swayed dangerously and crashed to the ground; and the wires running past us along the track all jumped. E said urgently, without looking round: 'Where are you, [Hunter?]'

I do not recall more. I only record it because of the slight possibility of a physical significance in those events, in view of the last. I do not believe there is any mental/symbolic significance.


*[There is now]


[PostedBlogger17022015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.