Saturday 18 October 2014

{Publication [continued (6)]}[30th August 1978]

[Redbook2:129-132][19780830:2110]{Publication [continued (6)]}[30th August 1978]

19780830.2110

I have to admit that I have now finished 'Galactic Pot Healer'. I suppose in it's way it is quite entertaining, even clever: it was no struggle to finish.

But I can only write what I am moved to write. After a certain point, modification of that principle becomes pointless: I should become a liar, than which in a writer there are few things more distasteful. Dishonesty and cynicism on the printed page, standing between the mind of the author and his pen, stand also between the print and the reader. (This is different from the self-deceit which produces great propaganda, convincing because the perpetrator believes his own lies.)

(Nor should this be confused with the distinction between subjectivity and objectivity in art.)


[PostedBlogger18102014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.