Thursday 25 October 2012

{Stichomancer}[26th April 1969]


[Redbook1:84][19690426:2000]{Stichomancer}[26th April 1969][Age 17]

Saturday 26th April 1969
8.p.m.

‘So I opened the book, not knowing what to do; I let the book fall open, just any old book, and with my eyes shut I poked with my finger.  I opened my eyes.  The passage I had landed upon read “Stichomancy, the hope of inspiration from opening a book at random and selecting a passage in the same fashion, is completely without scientific basis or foundation, and is considered worthless today.”  It was the last straw.  What else could I do?  After a fashion, the method had worked: I had never felt more alone or friendless; I made my decision.  Quickly pulling out the gun, I pointed it at my head and pulled the trigger.’

[PostedBlogger25102012]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.