Monday 22 October 2012

{Healing streams}[14th March 1969]


[Redbook1:81][19690314:1730]{Healing streams}[14th March 1969][Age 17]

Friday 14th March1969
5.30 pm

            The housemaster has just told me that U.I. have asked that I take the scholarship again – I had a vague hope that they might let me in without it, but I didn’t really expect it.  To be asked even that is encouraging; but the Senior Tutor told me that they never held previous exam performances against candidates. 


            Would not our great towns be made much more pleasant by sending clear running water through them?  In London, all our smaller rivers are underground and filthy.  This is a pity.  People like water, especially running water, and a few clean streams running above ground at points would help to reduce the tension and frustration of life in the big cities.



[PostedBlogger22102012]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.