Thursday 11 October 2012

{At home}[22nd July 1968]


[Redbook1:63][19680722:2115]{At home}[22nd July 1968][Age 17]

Monday, 22nd July, 1968.
9.15 p.m.

            Sorry I left out a great chunk of dates; my life has been rather chaotic since I last wrote.  I have at last got my room organised, after three days of solid work.  Now I feel tidy again, I feel much happier, and I have got less to do.  I re-started my Chronology yesterday; I also finished up with a whole grocery-box full of rubbish.

            On Monday L was christened, and bawled all the time except when the water was being splashed on her.  That evening I went to stay with (Aunt) D, and we visited her son B, my cousin, at his school, [...]; they still wear Edwardian uniform there.  On Wednesday we went down to the second day of the Enquiry [sic] into the refusal of planning permission by the D.F. U.D.C. to the [...] at R.G.; the thing was going badly at that stage, because the Inspector was confining it to pure planning grounds – e.g. traffic, etc -- ably assisted by the Appellants’ (...) Advocate, [...], a Surveyor(?).  D asked the witness for the Appellants several questions, in order to give her a chance to reply to his statement of the next day.
[PostedBlogger11102012]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.