Sunday 24 July 2022

{High Sensitivity [continued]}[28th October 1990]

[Redbook8:72][19901028:1530]{High Sensitivity [continued]}[28th October 1990]


.1530


The image* I have is of the figure of a man whose trunk (and particularly the heart) is indeed blown this way and that; but whose feet remain firmly on the ground, and whose head remains pretty much vertically above them.


Being so sensitive to the winds of the Spirit, I was also (necessarily) in some sense transparent to them: registering these impressions with great depth, I did not, in consciousness, record them. In other words, my memory was and still is associative and creative rather than logical and accurate. I still have to be extremely careful not to claim knowledge of disassociated facts, eg in general conversation, as I am often wrong; the work I am doing now, the reading and general study, is not so much retained, at least consciously, as trawled.


(Another useful metaphor is the colander, ** which in its upside-down position describes how I have felt in religious terms: open in scattered parts to the rain from Heaven).


What the ‘unconscious’ part of my mind or brain does with what I read is another matter altogether.



*[See last previous entry]


**ref VI? [] ...




[continued]


[PostedBlogger24072022]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.