Friday 2 July 2021

{Cranking up}[14th July 1990]

[Redbook7:166][19900714:2052]{Cranking up}[14th July 1990]


19900714:2052


It is worth pointing out that I do appreciate the apparent (and perhaps actual) absurdity of my position – no one who has read the [‘]T[imes] L[iterary] S[upplement][’] and [‘]N[ew] S[cientist][’] as long as I have could reasonably fail to perceive the hallmarks of the common-or-garden crank. (For years I used to hear it as ‘communal garden’, and wonder what on earth people meant by it.) In the end, I stand or fall on the evidence – experimental (and statistical) for outward manifestations, experiential (I guess) for inner.


Newspaper cuttings are only straws in the wind, of course, but until I get more time (and money!) that is the best I am likely to be able to produce in the way of ‘hard’ evidence.



[PostedBlogger01072021]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.