Sunday 28 June 2020

{Love and Sex (9) continued [continued]}[4th October 1989]


[Redbook6:291][19891004:1242g]{Love and Sex (9) continued [continued]}[4th October 1989]

19891004.1242
[continued]

I think also* I have found a description, in practical terms, of why adultery is normally (as I believe Doctors say) contra-indicated. It is possible to have genital intercourse without expressing love. A significant part of the expression of love in genital intercourse is by intimate physical intercourse: e.g. cuddling before, during and after genital intercourse. Genital intercourse without this – I know from youthful experience – is pretty bleak and leaves a feeling of emotional lack.

On the other hand, however greatly I may love my female friends – and there are one or two that I do love, quietly and without telling them, quite deeply, and believe that they love me – and however much I may be attracted to them sexually from time to time, it is difficult to imagine having a relationship of such physical and genital intimacy (particularly the cuddling afterwards, which is vital) with more than one person – and that person is [W]. Not impossible: but very difficult. Therefore adultery is not recommended.**


*[See last previous journal entry but two]

**But see next journal entry.



[continues]

[PostedBlogger28062020]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.