Sunday 15 December 2019

{Physical, Moral or Spiritual Growth}[22nd July 1989]


[Redbook6:163-165][19890722:1004]{Physical, Moral or Spiritual Growth}[22nd July 1989]

19890722.1004
[continued]

I knew that the size of my feet had grown over the last ten years or so – from 8-9 to 10 or even ([W] says) 11:* my feet used to be more curled up not just at the toes, but in the arch, than they are now. I had wondered if my height would also increase from its official 5’11½” [five feet eleven and a half inches] – and it has: [W] measured me a few days ago (and I checked the wall-mark) at just under 6’½” (six foot and half an inch). I suggested it because, lying back across our bed, I felt taller.

I imagine that relaxation and confidence must have contributed, but the change cannot merely be due to standing up straight: the Army make you do that when they measure you (perhaps I ought to check their records….). As I particularly wanted to crack the six foot line, and tried every legitimate trick of stretch and poise [sic] to do so, I suspect my belief that I was only 5’11½” of being correct. As to the later measurement, I checked the pencil and kept my head straight and back: checking with a second tape measure, and allowing for the slope of the pencil point, still gives 6‘¼” [six feet and a quarter inch]. Can this really be?


*[currently 11, though can squeeze into 10]


[continues]

[PostedBlogger15122019]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.