Saturday 14 July 2018

{Dream: of a Re-opened Railway}[20th June 1988]


[Redbook5:182-183][19880620:0000b[?]]{Dream: of a Re-opened Railway}[20th June 1988]

19880620(?).(a.m.)
[continued][?]

This morning I dreamt that I was travelling south on a re-opened Northern Extension of the […] [preserved] Railway – along a stretch leading from south of […] tunnel towards […][Junction]. I remarked that although the scenery north of the tunnel was beautiful, I had to admit that this was more beautiful. And it was: but nothing like the actual scenery there; in my dream the line curved gently down to the left (or South[-]East, to East) through a wooded valley between high mountainous hills.***

At the junction, however – which was not like the actual […][Junction Station] – the track layout was such that a reversal was necessary in order to join the main line. My line ran West and East alongside sidings,**** where some kind of argument(?) was going on, and which themselves lay along the main line to which my line and the sidings were (I presumed) in some way connected by the reversing link. All I remember of the main line was that the station (there was a scene-shift here) was aligned West-East, and that over the platform on the same alignment right through the station ran a much finer and more fragile high-level line: I noticed that its black base structure was loose above me, showing signs of collapse, clearly dangerous for trains; I told the Station-mistress, but she started talking, I think, (quite good[-]humouredly) about the many operating problems she had.#

Although I assumed that the rest of the [...][preserved railway] line branched off south here – as it runs south in actuality – I never saw it, or was aware of it, in the dream.



*{cf II [[Redbook2:351][19841118:1935b]{Symbolic Lines}[18th November 1984]] (351)}

**It is best to ignore perceived dream directions unless 'given' specifically (see II. [[Redbook2:341-343][19840702:0830]{A Dream: The Right Lines}[2nd July1984]f] 341-3). <890929>

***the hills especially to the South of me.
(i.e. ahead → right <890929>)

****Exchange sidings?

#{With me, I suppose)}

[continues]

[PostedBlogger14072018]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.