Sunday 23 July 2017

{Dreams on Christmas Eve}[25th December 1987]

[Redbook4:261-262][19871225:1315b]{Dreams on Christmas Eve}[25th December 1987]

.1315
[continued]

In a curious dream last night – having, as it were, re-opened my mind to such things – I avoided an out-of-control lorry,* which disappeared. ** I then saw in a shop{,***} on a box,
(1) something about Dennis Noorden (sic) (I had already seen that he**** has a programme today: 'It'll be alright on Christmas Night'); followed on the next line by
(2) something about Angels;
followed in later lines(?) and a second column by other items.
I then lost [W] and [d] at a station on separate trains, [W] clinging to the outside,# which I was not able to jump on: [W]'s at least was going to Birmingham. I was angry with the Station Master(?), who seemed unable to do anything; but it seemed that I still had the cats.#*

I am unhappy with possible plays on the word 'Birmingham'. On Christmas Eve I had been reading to [W] various dreams from Vol. II [of this journal] which seemed referable to later events, or might still become so: I mentioned to her the tradition that on Christmas Eve some can see the shades or images of those who are to die#**; so I suppose this sort of thing serves me right.


*{See [next entry,] 262}

**The first two items [sic] may have been reversed.

***{?}

****[Dennis Norden]

#{NB}

#*[& [s] presumably (b. Sep). As at the time of posting, [d] and then [W] had left about a decade earlier, leaving behind [s] pro tem, and the then cat.]

#**[during the coming year]



[PostedBlogger23072017]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.