Friday 5 February 2021

{Testing Times [continued (5)]}[12th March 1990]

[Redbook7:84][19900312:1213]{Testing Times [continued (5)]}[12th March 1990]


19900312.1213

[continued]


The ease with which material affairs pull me outward (and downward) into their World, so that I forget and even partially reject the inner-dominated life, is amazing. Outward affairs, the outer circle, pull outward: inward experience, the inner circle, pulls inwards [sic].


The saving Grace, for me, is that I hate being pulled outward, even if my hatred and unhappiness sometimes leads me to reject also those that I love and even temporarily the idea of the inner life itself; and that when at rest, I always centre myself back within the inner life, so that my whole life, inner and outer, becomes illuminated, guided and eventually unified by the Spirit at the Centre.


There lies the only true happiness; but the tests become more and more severe, although each prepares you for the next.




[PostedBlogger05022021]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.