Thursday 4 February 2021

{Testing Times [continued (4)]}[12th March 1990]

[Redbook7:83-84][19900312:1213]{Testing Times [continued (4)]}[12th March 1990]


19900312.1213


It is interesting that as I overcome resentment of my parents – by forgiving them and to a great extent detaching myself from them – so I am given another potential cause for resentment, this time of someone much closer to me, from whom I do not wish to detach myself, and whom I have every reason to forgive.


One’s immediate dependent family will always tend to test one in circumstances in which one should be tested, that is, in Love-in-Action.* I believe – from experience – that [it] is relatively easy to be a Christian monk or hermit: much more difficult, and perhaps more worthwhile in the end (if one succeeds), to be a Christian father** or mother.



*A new concept....


**[sic]



[continues]


[PostedBlogger04022021]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.