Monday 23 September 2019

{Involuntary Creativity}[14th March 1989]


[Redbook6:111)][19890314:1445c]{Involuntary Creativity}[14th March 1989]

19890314.1445
[continued]

About to hose my gumboots in the Byre,* I decided to reverse the usual procedure and turn on the tap before picking up the hose. There was no good reason to do this – I knew what would be the likely result – yet I did it, and naturally soaked myself.

Why did I do it?

I am** the kind of soldier who gives Sergeants apoplexy, because when every highly trained soldier turns to the right, I turn to the left – just occasionally. This*** (I have never actually done this so far) is neither accidental nor deliberate: it just happens. I suspect that it is part of the ‘evolutionary’ mechanism by which new techniques develop: it is an unconscious manifestation of creativity, and allows new ways of doing things to emerge in primitive societies and other instinctive organic structures. Individuals who behave like this are both dangerous and potentially rewarding to be with.
.2010
They belong, I guess, to the J~-G~-R~ arc of Fragmentation-Revolution-Simplification (or Love-Revelation-Creation), where I have tended to feel at home in many respects.


*[at CH]

**[was; or: am the kind of person who as a soldier….]

***[sort of thing]

[PostedBlogger23for25092019]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.