Wednesday 20 June 2018

{Inner Truth: Love [continued (8)]}[17th June 1988]



[Redbook5:169][19880617:1949i]{Inner Truth: Love [continued (8)]}[17th June 1988]

.19880617.1949
[continued]

I know Love as I write about it: I know it in the only way it can be known, in an inner sense; yet I do not apply it or feel it, as I write,* in relation to any Individual or group of Individuals or anything else; therefore I must presume that the Love I know is pure and undifferentiated: yet I realise that it is not the full quality of Love that I know, but Love-at-a-distance, the distance of mental detachment necessary for the writing of this kind of stuff.**

Introspection indicates that the distancing factor is in me, not in the Love; just as the differentiating factors in my love for any individual arise in me, out of my perception of her or him, and (and including) his or her response.

But at some point I have left logic for observation.

To take this further, I recall the generalised love I felt as a young man,*** living in London, at times, for all people, in the street for example as I walked;**** and I recall that it was a purer and fuller – less particularised – love than I can recall ever having felt for an Individual (not more intense, however!).


*[i.e. in the precise moment and action of writing]

**Perhaps this is what makes the idea.

***Dammit, I'm still a young man! [of 36....]

****cf III [[Redbook3:58-59][19870329:1210g](DEVELOPMENT [continued(4)])[29th March 1987]] ….


[continues]

[PostedBlogger20for22062018]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.