Saturday 15 October 2016

{Personal Circles}[2nd October 1987]

[Redbook4:77-78][19871002:2245b]{Personal Circles}[2nd October 1987]

19871002.2245
[continued]

Since [s]'s birth, I have been dealing with various repairs and improvements to outbuildings* and vehicles, in a generally relaxed kind of way; but over the last day or two I have been aware of one of those periodic shifts in emphasis back towards the kind of thing discussed in this book, which renders formerly enjoyable occupations rather stale – until it is time for them again.

I find this alternation helpful; it is only as I write this that I realise what a perfect example it is of the vertical polarity alternation of the Circles. Presumably, if I force the diverse** external matters (as I used to (have to) do), my subsequent inner work will reflect Crisis arrived at through Revolution and Simplification, with all the agony that entails in one form or another. There have certainly been degrees*** of agonising in my past, but I cannot say how directly these have followed from forced distractions; although I have the strong impression that they have {done so}.

Presumably, if I allow the diverse externalities to arise intuitively, i.e. naturally, and deal with them in the manner which seems to fit, the keynote of the inner work arising (through Inner Action) will be, not so much Crisis (as we understand it), as +C Is.


*I have also had dreams of collapsing (but strange) outbuildings <871003> [& cf. [Redbook4:53][19870804:1320d:1407d]{Dreams: Of Collapsing Buildings}[4th August 1987]. About a year later one of the outbuildings, a mobile home, terminally unfolded itself in a storm; and the roof of the oldest outbuilding, the original farmhouse, needed securing in high winds on at least one occasion. <20160820>]

**or rather, distracting.

***[In a literary not a geometric sense, presumably.]


[PostedBlogger15102016]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.