Tuesday 1 December 2015

(DEVELOPMENT [continued(6)])[29th March 1987]

[Redbook3:59-60][19870329:1210j](DEVELOPMENT [continued(6)])[29th March 1987

19870329.1210(BST)
[continued]

It is perhaps unsurprising that I came to think I was pretty significant: it is extraordinarily difficult for the normal person within the normal World to distinguish the significance of his experience from the significance (or rather, insignificance) of himself, especially when everyone he speaks to about it at first greets it with blank incomprehension. I started attending talks by a Sufi, and by the School of Economic Science in Kensington. The trouble was that I was more than half convinced that I should be teaching them: that I had done it all; although gradually a sneaking sense that perhaps I was only at the beginning, grew, and eventually prevailed, and even before this a (quite proper) lack of confidence prevented me from holding forth in public. It is understandable: early experiences are so intense that it is hard for the tyro to imagine that there is more. But there is. It is hard for him to accept that he must give all this up. But he must, I believe, if he is to continue to develop.

[continues]

[PostedBlogger01122015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.