Wednesday 24 June 2015

{A Dream of Missed Directions: Three Chapels and the White Hotel}[26th August 1983]

[Redbook2:300-301][19830826:0045]{A Dream of Missed Directions: Three Chapels and the White Hotel}[26th August 1983]

19830826.0045

Sometimes, I dream in a fashion which seems significant but also, at first[,] confused; so my dream this morning develops meaning only now, when (perhaps) only the significant items remain.

Briefly,

{1} I walked in family company along a straight path;

{2} coming to a hedge/wall at right angles, the path turned right along it, and

{3} I recognised in the wall those three chapels or memorials of an earlier dream, but by concept rather than by architecture.

{4} In a Church-like building on the next corner – where the path turned back – I spoke to a young golden-haired girl, identified with both […] and […], who said something about lack of parental freedom ([…]) which surprised me because I thought she was married ([…]). I realised I had bare feet and, despite the fact that others had too, said I would go back to change. A voice like my father's said I should do as I wished. In an anti-chapel [sic] (but I thought we were in an ante-chapel) I saw a ceremony – a marriage?

{5} I set off across the fields, expecting to be walking parallel to the first path but in the opposite direction. I could see a road parallel on my right. In a field were sitting a (young) boy and a (young) girl. I asked them the way back to the (white) hotel – Earl's Court (which I could see in my mind's eye like a giant white barn). Accidentally I touched the boy on the lower leg; he got up and walked away. While asking her, I accidentally touched the girl on the lower leg(?); she turned on me a face of wretched sadness, in one cheek of which was a small (round) moist hole, like an abscess.*

Either then or on awaking, it occurred to me that I had misread the map: that I was continuing along the line of the second path, at right angles to the direction I thought I was taking.


[A small, rough diagram is included here in the manuscript; it may be scanned and inserted in the typescript at a later stage.]

*[See next entry but one: [Redbook2:302-303][19830826:1045]{A Dream of the Holy City?}[26th August 1983]]

[continues]

[PostedBlogger24062015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.