Thursday 14 May 2015

{Malvinas}[10th May 1983]

[Redbook2:268-270][19830510:2030c]{Malvinas}[10th May 1983]

19830510.2030
[continued]

I thought I had recorded, but do not seem to have, the way the Falklands results fit (or do not fit) into the pattern of Circles. The Sufi, whose talks we ceased to attend last year (but to whom I may at an appropriate stage return), made one of the most perceptive comments on the Falklands crisis that I have ever heard: pointing out that in the case of both the Falklands crisis and the Spanish Armada the contest was between, on the one hand, a nation led at the time by the female principle (Elizabeth II and Margaret Thatcher; Elizabeth I), and, on the other hand, a nation dominated by the Latin-American [sic] male-macho principle which consistently underrates the strength of the female maternal will in defence of its own family.

[continues]

[PostedBlogger14052015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.