Sunday 31 May 2015

{A Dream: 'He rules, he pools, he leaves.'}[22nd May 1983]

[Redbook2:281-282][19830522:1130]{A Dream: 'He rules, he pools, he leaves.'}[22nd May 1983]

19830522.1130

A dream of some kind late this morning developed into an episode in which I was in a hall which the Sufi used for talking, with some of his 'disciples', although he was not there. A girl asked me if I had chosen a name: I had not. She said that she had a name for me: said a few words in what I took to be Arabic, and told me that it meant: 'He rules, he pools, he leaves'*. Rather embarrassed, I said that I hoped that none of the Sufi's followers actually spoke the Arabic in which their names were given to them, but she told me that some of them did.

Shortly afterwards a young man came up and addressed me by those words in Arabic, as I took it to be, which had been translated by that name. I think it sounded a little strange to my ears.

I asked the girl if we could expect the Sufi. She said no, he was … (something like:) at ?Ardross(an?) Colliery guarding the floor. (Ardross is the name of a Victorian Castle now on the market). I had imagined him as being, as it were, self-employed, and said I found it hard to imagine him in a National Coal Board uniform; she assured me, with a certain amount of amusement, as if I had misunderstood her, that he was not an employee (of the N.C.B.).

Earlier this week I began to practice the exercises which were handed to me before I stopped attending the Sufi's talks, {...(?)} [sic].


{but not for long, I think}


*i.e. ? He makes a ruling (in the judicial sense – e.g. by Reason) on what he hears; he puts it into his 'pool' of acquired knowledge; then he leaves this area for another source. <890929> See p283.


[PostedBlogger31052015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.