Monday 25 May 2015

{Christian and Sufic Literature}[16th May 1983]

[Redbook2:277][19830516:1615b]{Christian and Sufic Literature}[16th May 1983]

19830516.1615
[continued]

Over the last week and weekend I have been able to clear my mind considerably of the rubbish which I have allowed in over the previous fifteen months or so – and to renew old ways suspended under the force of circumstance during that time. It is well worthwhile, if for nothing else, for the relaxed clarity of mind and perception which (not without fog patches) results.

I have read during that time Grail literature, and mediaeval English mysticism. The need to do this, given effect by the unexpected discovery of a book for which I had been looking for some time, accorded with my expectation of a renewed attraction to Christian thought and churches – according to the Circles. I think this will continue, but it led immediately, vis Doris Lessing's books (about which I have Reservations [sic]), back to Sufic literature which I first began to investigate (because of the parallels with [0]) about two? years ago. It occurs to me now that this line across the Circles exactly coincides with my 'short-cut' in the dream of 19820809*. I have had for some time a growing feeling that, as we ceased to attend the Sufi when it was time to do so, so I should consider trying to find him again. However, they were thinking of moving.

There are aspects to this which I do not wish to set down in detail even now and here, to do with the long-, long-held feeling (which I believe I share with **others) of a task to be performed, and of the dangers of falling away into forgetfulness or into crookedness.


*[[Redbook2:237-238][19820809:0845b]{A Dream: The Unfinished Cathedral}[9th August 1982]]

**[many]

[PostedBlogger25052015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.