Sunday 3 May 2015

{[1] Voices}[12th November 1982]

[Redbook2:263][19821112:2130]{[1] Voices}[12th November 1982]

19821112.2130

Great gale this morning -- disturbed dreams – died away and very still and clear now.

I should record that last night – after I completed what is probably the darkest point of the book – I went to bed fairly tense. I decided to practice the relaxing exercises, starting with concentrating down to the feet. I had got no further than that before I drifted away, but came back with surprise to find myself completely relaxed and light but hearing distinctly the happy cries of children (or possibly seagulls!) in large numbers all around me! It was so distinct that the gusts of the storm faded into the background, until I concentrated on them and brought them back – for a time (I think). Eventually I fell asleep.



[‘I believe profoundly in a God whose presence flows through all life and who calls out in the breath of the wind across the forest, the cry of the seabirds, the voices of children, in every living being. What God says in that ceaseless, wordless articulation is simply: “Respect me, cherish me.”’ (Jonathan Wittenberg, Senior Rabbi for Masori Judaism: ‘The Times’, Saturday 09/09/2017, p80, ‘Credo’). <20171009>]


[continues]

[PostedBlogger03052015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.