Sunday 4 December 2022

{Sphinx versus Griffin [continued]}[21st December 1990]

[Redbook8:136-137][19901221:2050b]{Sphinx versus Griffin [continued]}[21st December 1990]


.2050

[continued]


I am not sure whether I was asleep, awake, or neither[,] in bed last night[,] when the following idea came to mind. It concerned a comment by one of the Diocesan Selection Board in March,* one of the apparently friendly bearded types on my right perhaps – who said, in relation to a part (the first sentence I think)** of my answer to Box 24 of their form,*** that he had been speaking to a lawyer only the other day who had used almost exactly the same words to him, and who had asked him if there was ever an end to it.


I was struck, amazed, by the similarity, especially by the fact the a lawyer had used virtually the same words, expressing the same problems:**** my only comment waa to check that it was a lawyer, and express surprise at the similarity of thought and expression.# I suppose, looking at it now rationally, that I was supposed to reply that yes, there was an end to it, or something of that sort, but I guess I thought that was self-evident in the concept of integration.#*



*ref VII. [[Redbook7:104-114][19900328:1738]{Tested Again}[28th March 1990],] 104ff


**[‘This is the story of the struggle to integrate the outer World of affairs with the Inner Kingdom of the Spirit, under the guidance of the Spirit whose holiness is realised through Christ the Child of the Creator’]


***ref VII. [[Redbook7:44-53][19900214:1100d]{Form MC/PS/90/1: Be My Valentine}[14th February 1990],] 50


****(& wondered whether this was a position that occurred to lawyers particularly by virtue of their type)


#(eg, perhaps, ‘How extraordinary!’)


#*[As outlined, through Christian belief, later in the same answer]



[continued]

[PostedBlogger04122022]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.