Thursday 23 December 2021

{Recreating Emptiness}[29th August 1990]

[Redbook7:268][19900829:0026b]{Recreating Emptiness}[29th August 1990]


(28)

19900829.0026

[continued]


[A press-cutting from The Independent for 900827:12 inserted here in the ms, reviews Yvette Bozsik, a Hungarian actress performing in a 2-person show at the Edinburgh Festival. ‘In the Yesterday of Victory, Bozsik passes through earth, water and air in sequence.’* ‘She refers her own creative process to an internal tension which ought to funtion independently of her environment. “If I feel good – anytime and anywhere – I just destroy it because I just can’t stand it...** If I feel happy or if I’m in a pleasant place. I destroy it. So in my opinion the tension is inside us.’ ‘If I am in a good situation or a bad situation I destroy this because I need an empty space*** to start work in. “The Originator” speaks about the same. You have to destroy what is around you to be able to start work or to live again.’]



*


She is Fire?


**



***[cf Peter Brook, ‘The Empty Space’ (1968)]



[PostedBlogger23122021]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.