Sunday 14 July 2019

{R~ birthdays, and Love [continued (4)]}[5th December 1988]


[Redbook6:57-58)][19881205:1247e]{R~ birthdays, and Love [continued (4)]}[5th December 1988]

19881205.1247
[continued]

I contrast this* with another couple across the wider […] valley, [H] and [T],** both of whom are Church-goers ([Gabby]* does not believe in God), and whom we have been getting to know more slowly over a year or so. Very early on, when I had only met them a couple of times – in Church – I startled myself by dreaming myself to be in bed with both [H] and [T], and all three unclothed, but in such Love that I do not think sex ever got a look-in. I believe that to have been an intuitive archetypal dream, and I have never had another like it.

The fact is that I am quietly and slowly growing to love both [H] and [T] ([–] who recently offered to pick me up from [a nearby town] in her car one day when I shall be carless); and although any relationship between the genders is always aware of the difference, and enjoys it as an aspect of friendship: in such a friendship between two couples, and, within that, between man and woman, any suggestion of sexual intercourse would simply be destructive. In practical terms, the potential for sexual relations, which exists between any man and woman, is simply overwhelmed {in this one} by Love, in the context especially of [H] and [T]’s kindness and goodness and innocence. After all, this is the core of the Christian message:

‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. The second resembles it: You must love your neighbour as yourself. On these two commandments hang the whole Law, and the Prophets too.’***


*[See last previous entry]

**{[T]’s birthday is Jan/Feb. [H]’s is March/April.}

***Matthew XXII.36-40 [New Jerusalem Bible (1985)]


[continues]

[PostedBlogger14for17072019]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.