Monday 17 February 2014

{Silly Stories}[21st July 1973]

[Redbook2:11][19730721:1359a]{Silly Stories}[21st July 1973]

19730721.1359
[continued]

            I do dislike this habit of leaving wastepaper  baskets at the foot of the stairs, to be carried up.  Coming down the attic stairs I put my foot in a red one and clumped round the landing unable to get it off (… or might have.).

            S reminds me of the time she and B, sleeping in the room beyond the nursery, had a row.  She read in the camp bed; he went to sleep and rolled off the back of the Dutch bed.  She thought he was rowing: ‘Oh shut up, B, and go to sleep’ – and went on reading, as he threshed and mumbled ‘Help me, S’ from down under the bed.

            … Like the time the Danish girl [J-N](?) was trapped, helpless with laughter, when it folded her into the wall.

[PostedBlogger17022014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.