Sunday 9 February 2014

{Second Degree Day}[2nd July 1973]

[Redbook2:7][19730702:1040]{Second Degree Day}[2nd July 1973]

Monday
19730702.1040

            Saturday was Q’s Degree Day – I was taken out with her by her parents and her family.  Family seemed to like me but father kept his own counsel most of the time.  We punted on the river in two parties; Q pointed out that I should not perhaps have beaten her father!  Q appears to be her father’s favourite.

            I became entangled briefly with University bureaucracy – no members of the University on the Senate House floor without gowns – but emerged triumphant.

            On Sunday I drove Q back to [her home], arriving late for lunch.  We walked in the woods, and got lost.  I left soon after four, hoping to beat the traffic, and not wishing to miss another supper laid on.  I arrived soon after five.  The family arrived after ten.

[PostedBlogger09022014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.