Saturday 4 January 2014

{Pathetic}[15th February 1973]

[Redbook1:282][19730215:0024]{Pathetic}[15th February 1973]

(Thursday) 197302150024

The events of this evening at the Sidgwick Site leave a sour aftertaste.
The right-wing ‘counter demo’ was pathetic.
The reaction of the left was neurotic.
The annoyance of those, like myself, excluded from the meeting by the interplay of these two juvenilities, was intense.
(Mine was, anyway – particularly since friends inside, seeing me outside, dismissed me as right wing – which was hard, since they had excluded me.  I suppose I deserved it, playing my old game of watching on both sides – or trying to.)

The right were more obviously childish, to some extent deliberately.

The left give the appearance of activity and depth but it is largely a pretence: a child’s play for young adults – although very few of them realise it.

[PostedBlogger04012014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.