Sunday 19 January 2014

{Little ghost story [continued]}[7th March 1973]

[Redbook1:291-294][19730307:2359b]{Little ghost story [continued]}[7th March 1973]

Tuesday 197303072359
[continued]

            And yet at least once, and I think more than once (I became fairly desperate, because the noise and heat were keeping me awake) I got up and went into the passage [….]. I was not aware of any noises while out of that little room.  The pound room door was shut, and I could not find any other doors responsible.  There was apparently no one moving about – certainly not the great coming and going I thought I had heard only a few seconds before.  I could not hear people whispering in the dormitories up the stairwell (a slight possibility, though they do not connect directly onto the stairwell).  The whole house seemed completely quiet; there was no one (apparently) around except me.  I was so convinced that I had heard people that I thought of listening outside the new studies down there until I remembered that they were studies – there was no one in them.  That gave me quite a surprise*.  So I shut my room’s door – not too noisily – and went back to bed.

*Assuming there was no one sleeping in the new common room, or in the studies, or making hay anywhere else – and I don’t think there was – then there was no one in the basement except me.

[continues]

[PostedBlogger19012014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.