Monday 20 January 2014

{Little ghost story [continued]}[7th March 1973]

[Redbook1:291-294][19730307:2359c]{Little ghost story [continued]}[7th March 1973]

Tuesday 197303072359
[continued]

            Of course, I had thought of the possibility of nocturnal adventures and assignations by boys and girls in the basement.  But no sooner had I got into bed than that door started being shut again, and feet flapped past my own door, and didn’t I hear whispering again?  It was the feet that really did it.  Not if the whole house had padded past me in bare feet could they have kept it up for so long.  And anyway, anyone wanting to keep quiet (e.g. if using secret hideaways or entrances after hours) would not have allowed that door to be shut so noisily, over and over again.  I went on listening for hours (or so it seemed), and I may have got up at least once more; eventually, when the temperature dropped a little, with the sound of doors and bare feet still ringing in my ears, I dropped off to sleep.

[continues]



[PostedBlogger20012014]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.