Monday 30 December 2013

{Party Matters [continued(5)]}[12th February 1973]

[Redbook1:277-280][19730212:0238d]{Party Matters [continued(5)]}[12th February 1973]

(Monday) 197302120238
[continued]

            At the end, having absorbed practically everything C said without counter-attack – to his annoyance, as he admitted – I pointed out that I had not used against him arguments that I considered unhelpful.  Pressed for an example, I suggested <the> chip on the shoulder <retort>.  He took some pains to argue against this, but I pointed out that it was not my argument.  I would not give other examples.

            I also said finally that I thought his viewpoint was basically self-centred.  He regarded this as simply me trying to get on top, and said so, tho’ I had anticipated this and said it was not.  He did not like this suggestion, and left.

            He certainly seemed to regard the [...] movement as finished, although after <(he claimed)> between six and nine pints, and 3 glasses of port, he could be forgiven for impulses.

            After three <and a half?> pints and 1 glass of port <and at 3 o’clock in the morning> I hope I may be forgiven for inaccuracies above.

[continues]

[PostedBlogger30122013]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.