Sunday 29 December 2013

{Party Matters}[12th February 1973]

[Redbook1:277-280][19730212:0238]{Party Matters}[12th February 1973]

(Monday) 197302120238

I think that, for the sake of the foundations of my own confidence, I shall have to keep CB at a greater distance.

            In fact my instinct has known right from the beginning that he was dangerous – as strength founded on weakness.  But I overrode that instinct, hoping that some good might come of co-operation.

            He is wrong, of course, in the sense that his (apparent) criticisms of my position are founded on an unrecognised falsity in his own position – being centred almost wholly on his own viewpoint.  The means for use of which he criticises me are the means he uses himself – without realising it.  But he is so confident in his own rightness, so unshakeable, that however deeply I know he is morally and logically wrong, if I continue to absorb his viewpoint, I feel that I am likely to succumb myself.

[continues]

[PostedBlogger29for26122013]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.