Sunday 29 December 2013

{Party Matters [continued(4)]}[12th February 1973]

[Redbook1:277-280][19730212:0238c]{Party Matters [continued(4)]}[12th February 1973]

(Monday) 197302120238
[continued]

            Over the hours (c.9pm – 2.30a.m., 2 pubs and my room), I began to feel that I was being used as a dustbin on which to offload various prejudices and hostilities which I had only half-suspected.

            Still I hope I have learnt one thing out of it: be still more careful over what you say, and to whom.

            But he would not point to isolated incidents to prove my insensitivity, alleging only a gut feeling.  That strengthens me – since insensitivity would as an accusation hurt me.

            I also did not like the references to my mother.  I wish I had not thought it so amusing* to bring them together, since he obviously took a dislike to her, and she to him.  I should never have mentioned education, let alone introduced it as a topic of discussion. 
.
*<and instructive – which, clearly, it is – but at what risk!>

[continues]

[PostedBlogger29122013]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.