Thursday 6 December 2012

{Parents}[2nd January 1970]


[Redbook1:110][19700102:1710a]{Parents}[2nd January 1970]

Friday 2nd January 1970.
5.10 pm
[continued]


            I suppose it is natural to find one's parents trying at this stage of one's life, but I must say that I am becoming more and more aware in both of them of the things that grate.  That is not to say that I do not admire them both tremendously as human beings -- they are both very admirable as such -- but their parenthood, like that of many others, being a full-time business and therefore completely subjective (i.e. it cannot [easily (1.2.70.)]  be shaped or acted like e.g. one's character at a party), leaves much to be desired.  That is not to say that I should do any better -- although I should try to -- nor that it is their fault.

[PostedBlogger06122012]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.