Monday 27 June 2022

{A Dream: Of A Spoiled Ballot Paper}[15th October 1990]

[Redbook8:35-36][19901015:2120d]{A Dream: Of A Spoiled Ballot Paper}[15th October 1990]


.2120

[continued]


A curious dream this morning, ending abruptly at almost 6am – so obviously, that I wondered why the theme should have any significance – involved going to vote in what I thought were local elections; being enthusiastically met by the Labour canvasser, and telling him that I had been intending to join the Labour party and help;* (having been encouraged by him to go in?) inside the polling station – sitting at school desks – being handed a spoiled ballot paper, and complaining about it, this quite reasonably conducted (on my part) argument continuing for some time; finally persuading the polling officer to take the paper back uncompleted, but then after a while arguing again because he was now maintaining that I still had the paper (or was it that I had completed it? I forget: by this time I might have been about to wake up).** The implications of this last bit, of course were rather more serious.



*(which I have been)


**(There may have been more in this dream which I’[m] forgetting)



[continued]


[PostedBlogger27for29062022]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.