Sunday 26 January 2020

{The Father}[4th August 1989]


[Redbook6:196-197][19890804:0000d]{The Father}[4th August 1989]

19890804
[continued]

But* it is really about the central aspect of the Trinity that I want to write: the Father. This is the experience about which I am least certain, because it seems to vary according to my own predominant nature at the time: not to imitate it, but in some way to complement it (ie not in any sense to follow wishful thinking, but perhaps to balance).

Whereas I experience Christ as an inner-visible archetype of qualities, teachings, and link with God – a person, therefore, with an inner-visible form – I experience the touch of the Father, which I call God, as an inner sense without form.

On the other hand, whereas I experience the Spirit as pure potential, an overwhelming power from immediately above – like a rushing wind indeed, and now occasionally like a light growing from within – I know the touch of the Father, whom I call God, as an integrated totality of all principles and qualities, potential and (in answer to the time) actual.


*[See last three previous entries]



[continues]

[PostedBlogger26for27012020]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.