Tuesday 28 January 2020

{The Father [continued]}[4th August 1989]


[Redbook6:197][19890804:0000e]{The Father [continued]}[4th August 1989]

19890804
[continued]

For instance,* this morning I was worried by our water shortage, and about a neighbour who seems intent on encouraging our natural domestic water supply to flow his way instead of ours,** in derogation of his predecessor’s grant to our house; and I became depressed about this. To my amazement, the touch which I had taken to be the Father’s became amused at me – and not with me, as I was not amused: almost a sly amusement, if such a thing were possible, in the sense knowing and ironical (rather than cunning or hypocritical).

Can this be? – I thought – or have I passed down some byway of the mind and found a demon imitating God? – But this was too constant, too intimate, and too certain for any demon. And indeed, if we examine the God and Father of the Bible, it becomes quite clear that whatever the unchanging nature of his Spirit (and it is Men who differ in their perception of and reaction to the Spirit: the Spirit does not change), the mind of the Father-Creator-God does indeed change in his reaction to, and appearance to, the people of the Bible – even Jesus – according to their properties at the time, not his.

And indeed, as soon as I had recollected myself and determined not to bother about the water, the sense of knowing and ironical amusement disappeared, and I was and am left with a touch much more whole: without specific characteristics or qualities predominating. The light of this touch is not clear-bright, like the Spirit, nor white, like Christ, but clear-dark, containing vastness, mind-substance, and all unrealised colours.***


*[See last previous entry]

**{I was in fact wrong about this}

***{(cf the [O] in [2])}



[continues]

[PostedBlogger28012020]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.