Saturday 27 October 2018

{Crisis Revisited [continued (5)]}[2nd August 1988]


[Redbook5:245-246][19880802:1234e]{Crisis Revisited [continued (5)]}[2nd August 1988]

19880802.1234
[continued]

The way to turn,* is to seek to Love: by keeping Love as the immediate goal – not something to be put off until convenient – one can turn oneself round, onto the Inner Circle. I do not know of any other way: all other degrees of the Inner Circle, I should guess, are too far removed to be appropriate targets at this point.

I still fall short of this. I started off by inappropriate feelings towards female members of the Church congregation, feelings too easily converted to selfish lust; progressed through a purer love for my own little family here in [CH]: but have in recent weeks begun to realise the extent of my own selfishness as regards other people, e.g. other people’s problems in conversation: I realise afterwards that they have meant nothing to me.

What is required is that generalised and transforming love which I once felt towards all people, **many years ago, before I let myself be sucked down into the abyss. It should be possible to recapture or redevelop it.


*[See last previous entry]

**cf I [], II [] ?
[See [Redbook3:58-59][19870329:1210g](DEVELOPMENT [continued(4)])[29th March 1987] ]


[continues]

[PostedBlogger27102018]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.