Saturday 11 April 2015

{A Dream of Mann}[9th October 1982]

[Redbook2:249-251][19821009:2330e]{A Dream of Mann}[9th October 1982]

19821009.2330
[continued]

Last night in the course of a dream I saw a plaque on new 'homes' down on the River [Thames] near the North end of Vauxhall Bridge [in London], which said that President Mann had visited the place on the following dates – about a dozen, I think. Trying to work out why, I looked up at the builder's sign, and turned to [W] who was with me: Do you realise why he came here so often?(approx). She said she did. I said: It's a Watney Mann* building site.

A pretty nonsensical mixture: but it made enough impact for me to wake up wondering who President Mann was, and to decide that he had not existed (the closest I could think of was President Tubman – who I now realise, of course, is Liberia: perhaps I meant Truman? Without really considering it I was convinced enough of the significance of this fragment to wonder whether to record it here against the possibility of a future President Mann.


*[A brewery company, by this time already taken over and merged with another brewery company, Truman....]

[continues]

[PostedBlogger11042015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.