Saturday 13 November 2021

{The 64-year Personal Cycle}[26th August 1990]

[Redbook7:246-247][19900826:1327]{The 64-year Personal Cycle}[26th August 1990]


.1327


Why pick* the 64-year cycle?


Well, at present this is the ‘Working life’ Cycle, if you include education as a part of work. I tend to see it as the general education and development cycle: by the time I am 64, ** I hope to have learnt and discovered the great bulk of what I have learnt and discovered by the time I die.***


The next cycle, which one not normally expect to complete, would be that in which the more-or-less complete mental framework makes its living contribution (if any):**** the second ½ of the 128-year cycle.


Such claims can only be relative, of course: one could say the same of the first two 32-year cycles in their 64-year cycle. Each cycle must be seen in the context(s) appropriate to its time-scale.



*[See last previous entry]


**{I may regret saying that!}


***[Certainly hope not]


****[Certainly hope so]



[continued]


[PostedBlogger13for11112021]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.